Vodka taper. I liter a day. I don’t like beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vodka taper. I liter a day. I don’t like beer

Can someone help with this. I have about 2.5 liters of vodka left and I want to taper off with that. My patterns is to drink 16-25oz in a two hour time frame. Then maybe have 10 Oz more before passing out. I used to do this once a week but I have done it for over a week straight now. My anxiety is so high and I have take clonazepam and it hasn’t helped. I don’t want to taper too fast. Do I spread like a. 2 ounces every hour during the day or just drink like a 6oz drink twice.

Hi Foren6gal - check out the tapering thread on the main page for more info on tapering. The reason warm beer is recommended is that no one likes it, not even people who like cold beer. Doing a taper is something of a medical necessity to avoid withdrawal symptoms - the alcohol in this sense is your medicine, not a treat. That said, if you insist on vodka I'd recommend trying just an ounce and waiting an hour or two before taking more. The goal isn't to get drunk, but to avoid getting sick.

My best recommendation - start this post over again in the closed General Discussion forum - you'll get a lot more people responding to you over there. No judgment, just lots of support and encouragement from some folks who've been doing this a lot longer and know a lot more about it than I do.

You can do this. Good luck!

Comment

Try tapering with hard seltzer. Low in alcohol and you can mix with regular sparkling water or alternate.

Comment

Originally posted by Foren6gal View Post
        Can someone help with this. I have about 2.5 liters of vodka left and I want to taper off with that. My patterns is to drink 16-25oz in a two hour time frame. Then maybe have 10 Oz more before passing out. I used to do this once a week but I have done it for over a week straight now. My anxiety is so high and I have take clonazepam and it hasn’t helped. I don’t want to taper too fast. Do I spread like a. 2 ounces every hour during the day or just drink like a 6oz drink twice.
        My drinking pattern is much like yours. I'm a vodka drinker and drink very fast. I tried naltrexone but it did not work for me because I drink vodka. Naltrexone is for beer and wine drinkers. Beer and wine as we all know has much less alcohol. The naltrexone is supposed to block the buzz. I went straight through to drunkness on some level.

I my case, a vodka taper will not work. I just need to stop all together. I hope you will see a doctor to prescribe something for alcohol withdrawal. My doctor prescribed me Librium, but I'm still drinking and using the Librium in the morning for the shakes. Sick I know. He also prescribed me Campral for after I stop drinking. I haven't taken it yet. Campral seems to help a lot of people. https://www.drugs.com/comments/acamprosate/campral.html

Good luck with your drinking. I hope you make progress.

Comment

I was in a similar place. I would drink about 20 ounces in 2-3 hours and then blissfully pass out. What worked for me was to cut in half the first day and ratchet down by a couple of ounces a day. Since I binged at night, instead of drinking all day, I drank my taper drinks in the same manner. Go heavy until I reached my new daily limit. I got down to zero in a week and then went AF for a month. You will be amazed at how quickly your mind body will start healing itself.

Comment

Working...
          X