What ended up working for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ended up working for me

I read the reduction book around 2016. I was on this site a lot and I tried to cut down but it seemed I just was not happy with one or two anymore. I wanted 4 or 5 glasses of wine a night. Then I wanted a little something for the morning anxiety that seemed to always be there. I was constantly planning or thinking about drinking. I could just not be comfortable without it. I really thought I NEEDED IT! Not sure how I found it, but came across a book called The Naked Mind. My mind made a complete shift in my thinking and today I blissfully 6 1/2 months without alcohol. I feel amazing. No white knuckling it, no counting, measuring, planning, no dreaded hangover, or worrying about what I did or said, or what I did...My life is amazing. I know some people freak just thinking about giving up alcohol and I totally get that. I was there too. Today, I am free. Just wanted to check in and share this. peace!

I read this book today. Thanks so much for recommending! I loved it and gained a lot of insight.

Comment

That's awesome, congrats! I'll have to find this book and add it to my ever growing list.
      My Drinking Story

Comment

Hey Chevy.....thanks for sharing....I can totally relate to your post and thanks to people like you sharing on this site it really helps my confidence to keep going.....many cheers

Comment

That’s really wonderful, thank you for the inspiration!

Comment

Working...
          X