Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The day after a day of sobriety

Hi all,

This is my first post and wanted to put this out into the world so it feels more real:
    My first day of not drinking yesterday (5/7) in over 14 days. I had several urges throughout the evening, especially while cooking, to have a tiny drink but gutted through those urges, even after a fight with my partner (not easy). Though, it allowed me to be more disciplined and get to bed early and actually read a book before falling asleep (hard to do when I've been drinking). When I woke up the next morning, not only did I feel proud about getting to bed at a reasonable hour and reading, but I felt SO much more clear headed, with much more motivation and drive than I ever do after having 2+ drinks the night before. I just want myself and all of us to remember how life can be just as good, if not better, in the absence of alcohol, especially during the work week.

Now, I conclude this post by pleading my innocence as a gloater. I only want to share this feeling of optimism, hope and volition, which tends to be not be present during my weekly binges. Granted, now that it is Friday, I will most likely be a little more lenient the next couple days but I am sure as hell I will be aiming for a sober M-Th next week.

Stay strong, all!

Great to have you aboard! I recommend reposting in the general section of the closed forum as people feel more comfortable replying and engaging in the closed forum....

Comment

Working...
    X