Identity Crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identity Crisis

For the last few years I’ve been the fun crazy party girl going out every night and day drinks but as my mental health got worse I started to turn to alcohol more and more to fuel happiness which just ended with black outs and doing dumb shit. So I’ve realized I need to quit or learn moderation again. I used to casual drink and be the life of the party mostly sober but I’ve lost myself and quitting drinking has just left me confused. I don’t think I’m addicted to alcohol but I think when I start drinking I don’t stop and I’m not sure where to start at all. I think I’m also supposed to say hi I’m new.

Welcome jadeceara !!! You have come to the right place to try to improve your relationship with alcohol. Lots of people on this site (myself included) have gone through "black outs and doing dumb shit".related to alcohol use.....The founder of this site recommends getting off the booze for a period of approximately 30 days in order to reset your body and mind and to soberly rethink how you want your relationship with alcohol to be and then do whatever it is that you want to do.....If you post here regularly you will get lots of support from lots of folks going through very similar things as yourself.....good luck with your journey......many cheers

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

This is my issue as well; when i don't drink, i am ....boring. i'm quiet. i'm blah.

Comment

When i first went af about 10 years ago, I had the same experience. A therapist asked me what I enjoyed doing and I couldn't think of anything else other than drinking.

So it was kind of a "fun" journey to get to know myself. I tried to notice when I enjoyed something because before that I just didn't pay attention to myself or my life.

The biggest thing was accepting and being ok with the fact that I'm not who I want to be. In that, I love being the fun party girl. I wish I was the fun party girl. But I have to drink a lot to get there, and the price of ruined relationships and totally fucked up mental health isn't worth it.

I'm a lot quieter than I would like to be. I wish I was outgoing, gregarious, friendly, funny, etcetcetc. But it turns out I'm quiet, serious, shy, hard working, and funny once you get to know me. and that's ok.

Comment

Working...
          X