Hi I'm new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm new here

I am glad I was able to read the metrics and information in the guide for tapering from alcohol. I have been drinking 4lokos (14% tall boys) every night for almost a year. Withdrawals are rough and I was already prone to seizures and restless legs before drinking. At first it was self medicating, sometimes drinking more on vacation or weekends for fun, but over time it consumed all of my free time. I recently cut it back to only drink after all my responsibilities were done for the day like cleaning and cooking and stuff. I have been doing great at that for more than a couple weeks and will look for things to clean or do before drinking. At first I was only drinking after 5 and never before but now I wait until my family is asleep so that I don't bother them and I don't make a lot of noise or upset people or at least I try not to. I only drink 2 4 lokos now and a lot lately I don't even finish the second one, so it didn't seem that bad. I started sleeping too long and missing work. Today I am making first step to taper. Though it couldn't have come at a worse time there isn't any excuse to not try.

I used my seizures and neuropathy as excuses to drink excessively over the past year but now I am ready to quit. I wish I had resources or access to insurance seems like the reason I started drinking butI'm going to try and get this job at costco and get insurance as soon as I possibly can. To be honest, alcohol would probably be fine on its own for special occassions like new years at home alone but with my medical issues and the issues it's a problem that feeds itself and I could get a higher quality of care and health if I tried hard enough or I hope at least.

Insurance seems like such a pain in the ass but I spent about 6 hours trying to figure out how to get something. I'm in that valley that's too good for medicaid but not good enough for health subsidy from the government.

So far being sober for this long (now almost 24 hours) is almost more confusing than being drunk. Brain fog but no hand shaking. I don't know how I'll ever go to sleep tonight but I have melatonin and hope that helps.

I'll keep lurking and reading. If anyone has any advice about tapering / withdrawing that would be great. I'm glad I already had it down and drinking less and less, so I'm thankful I'm already on the road to stopping regular use.

Welcome Welcome Taperant ! I would recommend reposting this in the closed forum as that is where community members feel most comfortable commenting and engaging! So come on over to the closed forum where all the magic happens!!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyW432 View Post
      Welcome Welcome Taperant ! I would recommend reposting this in the closed forum as that is where community members feel most comfortable commenting and engaging! So come on over to the closed forum where all the magic happens!!
      ok I might later. I have some cleaning to do.

Comment

Something that really helped me was to click on link how to taper off alcohol from homepage. From there click on link more on tapering off alcohol and then under the blog read an email posted by Kenneth Anderson. Worth reading how someone with physical dependency tapered!

Comment

Working...
        X