Reduction Plan Starts Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reduction Plan Starts Today

I'm 49 and have been a moderate to heavy drinker for about 10 years. I've kept track fairly well and usually drink 8-10 drinks 5 nights per week. Once or twice per year I have abstained for 4-6 weeks at a time. I've never missed work because of drinking. However, I recognize that my drinking has negatively affected my work and home life. I'd say mostly zapping my energy level.

I've never given a full effort of planned drinking but it appears to be a smart strategy. I'm going to start with a month of abstinence. My plan is to then do a one day intox of 10 drinks once per week - one 1.5 liter of red wine. I may do less but that's the initial plan.

I'll post progress here.

Thanks for the forum as I'm happy to have a place to come for reading and writing.

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your plan. I hope it works out for you.

Comment

Any attempt to slow or quit is a step in the right direction and commendable!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Just curious- why are you abstaining for a week and then starting to drink again? Most of us are here to safely taper down so we don't get seizures. Just curious, hope that doesn't come off as rude.

Comment

• Pootle
          Pootle commented
          Editing a comment
          No, there isn't that many taper people, I would guess 20% at most. Everyone has their own approach. A month reset then planned drinking is very much part of Hams.

bmerryman, I commend you on your plan! I am also new to this and planning on doing a 30 days cleanse. I am on day 4. I want to do this to lower my tolerance and cleanse myself from the daily habit that I have gotten myself into. Then slowly add 1-3 drinks in 2x per week. Please let us know how you are doing.

Comment

Welcome! Good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
          X