New to the forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum

Hi all! I'm glad I came across this! I am 28 years old with an 11 year old son and have a boyfriend that I have been with for over 5 years and live together for about 3 years now. I guess I can say that I have always drank pretty much since I was a teenager. I grew up in a household where there was alcohol and my father being an alcoholic. He was super abusive to my mom and myself , but then again a loving father when he was sober.

I have realized that my drinking has progressed during the last 2 years, along with the boyfriend. We both know we drink a lot and if he has a drink so will I and vice versa. I know he doesn't want to drink during the week, but because I do....he does as well. I have been drinking every day for almost 2 weeks now and when I tell myself that I want to stop, my body tells me to have more or go to the liquor store (which is like 3 mins away from home). We do not keep any alcohol in our home because we know it will be gone right away. I have been late to work before because I don't wake up on time (days when I don't have my kiddo), I have missed work once because I drank half a bottle of Jack Daniels the night before, I have said mean things to my bf and he tells me that I treat him bad when I am drunk. We both like to workout and I also keep telling myself to just focus on working out to keep my mind off alcohol, but I fail to do so.

Right now as I am typing, I can feel my hands shaking. I've stopped drinking once before for a whole year and it was not hard, but this second time around....I find it to be more difficult. Thanks for reading this.

Bless your heart. It's horrid but you appear to have caught it early which is something I didn't do. If alcohol affects your life negatively it needs looking at. Drinking every day because you feel compelled isn't healthy and doesn't sound like where you want to be.

Have a good look on the main site. Maybe start to really consider what you want. Write it down. Discuss with your partner a no drinks on two days rule and work up.

And, welcome

Comment

Welcome PooBear! You are very much in a welcome group in which we can relate. I myself can relate very much to your story. I have shared mine, and have done similar things under the influence of alcohol. I know that is not where I want to be and sounds like neither do you. I would recommend the book that HAMS goes by. I really like it and it has some very realistic advice. Mainly I think changing our attitude toward drinking and realizing that it is our choice to do so. Also, I am not sure about you, but I fall into the regret/do it again even worse scenario. That is such a bad cycle to get into and I have had such a hard time breaking it. I wish you the best. How can we help?

Comment

Working...
      X