Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anxiety over facing withdrawl

Hi
    it seems it's been 2 years since I visited here and this is the only place that helps me and I do think works. I am a functioning alcoholic but know even though I am functioning it is effecting my life. In these two years my anxiety has grown worse. I want to try for 2abs days next week. However I have major anxiety about withdrawal and obsess about the possibility of having a seizure or a stroke. I plan for my abs day to be during the week and I will start tapering on Monday. I feel okay but just very anxious.

Welcome (back) to the group. There are some good discussions going on now about anxiety and drinking on the main/closed forum. Consider getting a password so that you can join the conversation there. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you! I will check it out!

Comment

Slow gentle tapers tend to work best rather than rushing to abs days to quickly. There are good resources on the main forum page and the hams network page.

Comment

Thank you I will check it out. I plan on starting Monday. My goal is to try for Abs Tues/wed.

Comment

How's it going today?
            My Alcohol Free Story

https://hams.vbulletin.net/forum/mai...-pros-and-cons

Comment

I totally understand your anxiety about withdrawals. It freaks me out too. I went from daily drinking to only drinking every second day, now I am going 2-3 days between drinking sessions. For me, I have been trying to control my drinking and it's been going well however I am at the point where I need to just quit.

Take it one day at a time. You can do this.

Comment

Thank you! So far I am doing ok and just trying to calm myself instead of thinking the worst.

Comment

Working...
                X