My story as a binge drinker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My story as a binge drinker

Well first off my Names Derelle and I'm 25. I first picked up a bottle at the age of 20! Late in life I know. But I immediately fell in love with. All my family are drinkers so I was bound to get caught up in it eventually. The first few years of drinking I could pound back crazy amounts of alcohol and head to work at7am the next day. This process went on during around 20-22. Then I started smoking and put on weight as the years past the next day the hangovers got brutal! Tight chest, EXTREMELY bad anxiety (family history of anxiety) and just out of it, it would take a few days to recoup. Mind you guys I'm not an everyday drinker I'm more of a weekend warrior. So fast forward to this past Monday. It was 2 months since I drank so I said what the hell I'll grab a case of Coronas it's a nice day. Well knowing me I dread the anxiety so much that 1 case lead to 3 cases and 3 40 ouncers of crown royal and a bit of wins, all in a time spand of 4 days. When I was done drinking the withdraws were something I never had. I was having hullicinations the first day that lead to hearing voices, my skin was flushed and dried up, shakes, tremors, extreme anxiety and just all around feel like I'm dying! So I stopped Thursday night and I'm about 80 hours into my withdraw. I just wanna know if anyone's ever had these symptoms and do the subside with time. Thanks for your time

Hey Big. I do not have a lot of advice to offer you except to join the main group. Right now you are on an open forum but if you join the closed forum general discussion there are a lot of knowing and helpful people. Good luck.

Comment

Hi Big, did you go cold turkey?

There are lots of great people here who offer great advice. Good luck.
      Last edited by DNM89; 09-02-2017, 12:05 AM.

Comment

#
        Welcome to the website. Lots of good people here with good advice. I have anxiety and panic attacks as well. Not an every day drinker either mostly a weekend warrior like yourself. You can go see a Dr. they have medications for anxieites that can help. You will do great just go though the articles and videos on this site. They have great info.

Comment

I can relate w a lot you said especially the symptoms along w anxiety. I drank all weekend and it’s now Monday and trying to get my body to go to work was impossible. My anxiety is so bad I couldn’t get out of bed. I’m new as well so I don’t really have any advice for you, just know you’re not alone!

Comment

Working...
          X