New here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here

Hi All, Im new here. I was drinking up about 10 - 12 beers a day. I started drinking heavily after my daughter was born 12 weeks prem. Her mother left me for a man whos son laying in the hospital bed next to my little girl had an operation. It hurt quite a bit. I became really bad a few months afer that, drinking from when I woke up until I went to bed. I booked myself into a medical detox and gave up for a month. That was 8 years ago. Recently though, I went through bad anxiety over some bad shit. I started drinking up to 18 beers a day on top of anti-anxiety tablets. 1 day I feel over smashing my face and thought, fuck this! I found this site and managed to taper off 2 beers a day at a time. The first few days were shitty, sweats shakes, insomnia and worse anxiety. Im 10 days abs now, and taking each day as it comes. This site has helped me so much.

Welcome, Pete. Sounds like you're on back on track. Stay in touch here. You'll get a lot of support from some great people.

Comment

Thank you KatyK!

Comment

This is the public forum. If you post and read in the closed/member forum you'll find lots more information. Good luck.

Comment

Ok. Thank you.

Comment

Welcome to the site. Lots of good people on this site with great advice. Good thing you understand the potential problems that can come along with drinking. Just be sure to keep your drinking in check. Big things are don't let it affect your job or get into legal trouble such as DUI.

Use Abstar to track your drinks. Set daily and weekly limits. Your going to do great

Comment

The thing is, I cant just have 1 or 2. It ends up 8 or 12. Im better off abstaining for now until I feel Ive got it under control. Thanks Curt.

Comment

Hang in there Pete. Sounds like you're doing really great. Glad you're on the private forums now.

Comment

Thank you. Im feeling more relaxed and havent drunk too much lately.

Comment

• Curt
                    Curt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Glad your doing well Pete.
                Working...
                X