Withdrawal/tapering questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Withdrawal/tapering questions

Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help me. I went on a pretty good bender for about three weeks, finally stopped because I was starting to have withdrawal symptoms already (shaking, confusion, heart palpitations) even while I was drunk. I have never had withdrawal before this. I went through a TERRIBLE withdrawal for about two days, even with tapering. Super bad anxiety, super bad heart palpitations, organ pain... it was awful. Today is better, I'm still a little confused, a little shaky, still a little bit of palpitations and abdominal pain, but nothing like it was the last two days. Im trying to do this detox at home, and just am not sure what the next steps might be. I was ok this morning, hadn't had a drink since late last night, was drinking water and eating. I was reading and got worried that if i didn't have a beer today, I might get DTs or a seizure in a few days. Is this accurate? So I had one, and my symptoms got worse, like I started shaking and sweating again, and my heart rate increased. Am I doing this right? I feel like the worst is over, but if I stop drinking now, is that like going cold turkey? Just trying to avoid DTs or a seizure. Sorry for the long post, any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

I've had that before after drinking. I had two beers before trying to go to sleep and couldn't sleep and had the full gamut of symptoms. I didn't have a seizure that time but they did come at a later stage. You want to quit while you are ahead but you don't want to go cold turkey if you get worse. I'd have more beer on hand just in case. It sounds like you feel like you can't taper and just want to stop.Do you feel like you've already tapered? It's really up to how you feel. If you feel worse you might need more beer medicine. If things are settling down without beer then leave it as long as possible before having more beer medicine but you may not get by without it.
    If Had two spells of seizures and I've always had an aura preceding so I've known when it's about to happen. It's different from bad withdrawals. Stay confident and stay in the moment.

Comment

I feel like I've tapered some, still not down to feeling normal, but nothing like it was yesterday. I'm afraid to go cold turkey because from what I was reading that can cause a seizure in a few days, I'm not sure if that's true though. Just trying to come down easy and not have to go to the hospital. Still having some heart stuff, abdominal stuff, blurred vision, and hot and cold issues, but at least I'm not panicking or hallucinating anymore, and what's going on today is way less painful. Thank you for listening :]

Comment

I think I misunderstood your question. I have definitely tapered a lot, only had one and a half beers today. Before that it was whiskey and vodka and beer constantly for three weeks. I feel like I have detoxed some, but there is more to go, and I don't want to screw it up.

Comment

I had a really similar experience. Today is my first day not drinking after about 2 or three weeks of vodka, wine and beer. I had about 3 beers today and the shakes went away but they come back. I have massive anxiety. I’m so worried about a seizure. What ended up happening with you? Hope you’re okay

Comment

Thank you! I’ve been tapering with beer today,
            only a couple so far but I’m out and only have wine or liquor now. I am too panicky to get anything else right now. Is it okay to taper with different alcohols? I feel
            so afraid :/

Comment

You can always water down the other alcohols to resemble a beer. 1 drink = 12oz beer, 5oz wine, 1.5oz 40% liquor (a shot). Take half a drink at a time, sip slow. No buzz just enough to take away withdrawal symptoms

Comment

Working...
              X