X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheBossPyro
    • Jan 2018

Starting my 30 days of ABS.

Last night was the end of my taper only had maybe a quarter of a beer yesterday. My taper went from 16,10,6,2, then a few sips yesterday. Now I'm finally at 0. Day 3 was a lil scary with my heart racing. I plan to stay busy and positive for the next 30 days. If anyone would like to share tips for when I get cravings or have a bad day please, feel free to tell me. Thanks to everyone who has been supportive on here. You guys all kickass.
  • CaliAngel
    • Jan 2017

Hey TheBossPyro BossPyro. It's kind of a case of "hurry up and wait". You'll get anxiety and cravings and the cravings may not manifest themselves as cravings but appear as irritability (this blindsided me once. agot irritable after two months so went and got me a bottle of wine and went back on the slippery slope before my brain full mended.)
    Bad dreams and dreaminess can leave you feeling strange and disconnected. I believe this mostly goes after 28 days. Fir the last two weeks I have not had too bad sleep apart from waking early but I've woken depressed and 'dreamy'.
    Over the next few days it's that AAism, "Keep it Simple". I concentrate on my breathing yoga-styles and I reach for a cup of herbal or green tea. This settles your digestive system and soothes it if you're like me and tend to reach for the cigs and drink coffee out of a bucket in the PM.

Comment

• TheBossPyro
      • Jan 2018

Yeah I woke up yesterday a lil depressed as well. I expect it to happen on and off for awhile. I'm just going to do my best to keep my days busy because when I'm bored thats when I'd usually just crack open a beer or some vodka.

Comment

• Jadis
        • Oct 2017

I guess some advice from personal experience would be that Bad days don't mean a bad life. Addict or not, we all are gonna have bad days, even bad weeks or months or years. It's life.

We're still gonna have friendship/relationship issues, loved/close ones are gonna die, The world is gonna continue to go on and being just that: Life. Life is gonna be life, whether we are drinking or not, we just have to learn to deal with it without Numbing the pain with harmful substances(Alcohol, heroin, crack, coke, Cigs, etc.).

Try to find hobbies or read books or exercise, take some cooking classes, join a book club, volunteer. Volunteering is very rewarding and a way of giving back~!

Comment

• TheBossPyro
          • Jan 2018

Day 2 feeling a lil depressed but I expect that. It's my brothers birthday so been busy hanging out with him. I took him out to various places he wanted to go today. Got him a smith a wesson knife that he's been wanting for awhile. If my anxiety gets bad I have some xanax but thats only as a last resort. But yeah other than that trying to stay strong.

Comment

• Jer357
            Jer357 commented
            Editing a comment
            I found magnesium and b complex helped a ton with the anxiety. Hang in there, try and eat healthy and know your going in the right direction.
        • dmt83
          • May 2018

Excellent job, well done!!!

Comment

• CaliAngel
            • Jan 2017

Hows it going TheBossPyro ?

Comment

Working...
            X