Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doing really Bad! Really need some help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing really Bad! Really need some help!

Hello,

I am having bad withdrawal symptoms. Mainly anxiety with tingling and racing heart. My blood pressure and heart rate are not at life threatening levels.

I went through PAAWS a couple years ago after I quit cold turkey. It lasted about a year and I was on Valium.

I made it through this and was living a very happy life. I reintroduced wine into my life. I made sure that I didn’t drink two days in a row and sometimes gave myself 3 or 4 days in between. I did get to the point where I was drinking about a bottle of wine when I would drink. I am 280 so it’s not a lot for me. I was happy and thought I was going to be able to live with wine in my life.

This past week I really screwed up I guess. I had family visiting and I drank 4 days in a row. I didn’t drink a lot, maybe about the same as one bottle of wine a day.

when everyone left I didn’t drink. The third day of not drinking I didn’t feel that good. The fourth day I felt like I was going through withdrawal mainly Anixiety! The 5th day which was yesterday I felt really bad again and ended up drinking a bottle of wine at night. I felt better but woke up at 2 am and have been up since.

The Anxiety is so bad! And it’s physical with slight mental due to the fact that I am scared to death I am going to feel this way forever!!!

I don’t want to goto the doctors and get put on benzos because then I would have to taper off them and that is a nightmare!!!

please, what should I do? I wasn’t drinking every day or early in the day except for the four days my family was here.

I was thinking of just going back to drinking every couple days like I was before and then try to taper. Or just try tapering now everyday? The thing is, I’m not sure doing 5 drinks then 4.... is going to work because this anxiety is pretty bad and I think my gaba system is messed up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am doing really bad! Please don’t tell me anything that may happen bad as I really can’t handle that mentally right now.

There were a few moments yesterday that I felt ok before I ended up drinking the wine.

Thank You!!!

The only advice I could give to you is to go to a psychotherapist that specializes in psychoanalysis. That's what I did and it helped.

Comment

Bobt I just read this post, I'm so sorry for what you've been going through! I noticed this is a bit older of a post (from a few weeks ago), so I mainly wanted to check in on you and see how you've been feeling, and how you are holding up.

Comment

Hi Bobt! I’m sorry to hear you were having bad withdrawals a month ago. How are you doing now? Please keep us updated! All the best 😊

Comment

Working...
        X