Back Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Again

Howdy y’all, it’s Robin again. I got myself down to a “reasonable” amount of drinking for a while (thanks all for your support), but before long I was spiraling back into 12+ a day. When I’m drinking that much, it’s embarrassing yet the idea of quitting is terrifying. My girlfriend and I decided to go a month alcohol free for January, and as much as I knew I needed it, I didn’t know if I could.

I did a not-really taper: 14+ for a few days, 11, 9, 8, 3, 0. That was a few days ago. Today is my third day totally sober, and I gotta tell you - it’s freaking awesome. I can’t remember feeling this good in a long time. Getting up in the morning is now exciting, rather than dreading the painful hours until my next several beers. I’m thinking straghter. I have more energy. As of last night, I’m even sleeping a little bit! Still taking it day by day though.

Cheers, hamsters! Keep counting.

That's awesome Robin....way to go...also nice to have the support of your girlfriend

Comment

The sleep is what I’ve missed the most!!! This is my first week sober in a bit and I’m enjoying it as well. I think the hardest part for me after being sober a while is why I wanted to stop drinking in the first place, and I go right back into it. I’m wishing you the best, and great job with your taper!!

Comment

Working...
      X